Picture the scene and put yourself in your customers shoes, isn’t it nice to feel special and even more if you’re classed as a VIP; who doesn’t!!
So, you get home and login to Facebook and notice you have just received a personal message with a link to join a closed VIP group (from the hostess of Helen’s party you attended last week, remember?) and what’s even more exciting is that no-one else is allowed access; it is strictly for a select few who that Consultant deems as her VIP customers, and you must have already placed an order with her to get access to the benefits of this group (past party hostesses & customers).
She doesn’t even invite everyone on her Facebook friends list to the group or fellow reps (now this must be a special group and worth joining!!).
TIP: Make sure you’re already creating a monthly newsletter for customers and Facebook fans, where can get your updated offers, product info and tips. But also, make sure that when you’ve been to hold a party, you have taken email addresses of all guests and added them to your email list, all customers you have should be getting updates and offers via monthly emails (checkout MAD MIMI I love it and it’s free – I’ve tried just about them all!) Then you can announce your VIP group, any previous customers should hit a link in that newsletter to then be added to your VIP group.
Some things you as the consultant can share in that group (the list can be endless)
• Company updates, give your VIP’s the news first
• Tutorials – not from your company, but anywhere to increase engagement like YouTube or other Facebook pages
• Monthly special offers
• Sneak Peek into new product launches
• Behind the scenes at events and company parties
• Facebook LIVE Q&A or live product demo’s – makeup tutorials, etc
• Private Facebook party (a monthly VIP event with big discounted products)
• Weekly deals
• Product of the week (at wholesale price)
• Incentives & Competition
• Free product sample giveaways
• Back office access to your working day
• Delivery photos
• Run a photo contest for VIP’s to take an image using their favourite product (ask permission to re-use on your page)
So if you haven’t already started one, get cracking!
Have you all noticed Facebook’s algorithm at the minute? How many notice that you don’t see many posts from Pages you follow and like? not many is there, unless it’s a sponsored post. How many of you see posts from groups? quite a few… Keep visible and create a VIP group!
At some point you should also consider launching a professional Facebook Fan Page, that would become your shop window and an insight into you and your personal life in the business. From Your Fan Page you would create and build new relationships but NOT post sale after sale after sale. From your Facebook Fan Page you would then move that new customer into your VIP Facebook Customer Group.
Monte Schumacher is a 30 year Direct Sales industry veteran. He leads one of the largest networks of independent sales reps in the world.