At this moment you are standing at the beginning of an impressive Epoch adventure, with the very real and present opportunity to shape the upcoming year into the happiest and most successful one ever.
1. Foster your own personal growth. – Start by living a life that makes you happy, and then radiate your happiness outward. If you want to eliminate suffering in the world, start by eliminating the dark and negative parts of yourself, and then radiate your positivity outward. Truly, the greatest power you have in this world is the power of your own self-transformation. It starts with the one in the mirror. Read and study the materials on Nu Skin’s Success Formula website. The Success Formula
2. Turn your goals into daily habits. – It’s a process! It’s a process! It’s a process! Ingrain this in your mind. Progress and change in your Epoch business takes time. Success, like washboard abs, is the outcome of a habit. It’s the relentless daily practice of making small, diligent choices that add up in the long run. It’s about following through and doing what you said you would do even when no one would notice but you, and knowing in your heart why doing so matters. Read "The Power of Habit".
3. Be ambitious enough to fail, and be OK with it. – If you never fail, then your Epoch goals are not nearly ambitious enough. Comfort is state of being in which to find rest and renewal for a short time; it is a dreary and dismal place to remain permanently. If you don’t challenge yourself on a regular basis, your abilities and effectiveness will become stale and weak. The reason life can be so rewarding is precisely because it can be so difficult. When your efforts are met with failure, you know you are on to something; because on the flip-side of that failure is a real, substantial accomplishment that doesn’t come easy. Your failed attempt is simply evidence that you are reaching higher. And higher is always the best direction to travel in.
4. Choose to push forward even when it hurts. – You have the potential to reach greatness, but you have to choose it. To reach greatness, sacrifices must be made. You have to be willing to dig deeper within yourself, push harder, and climb higher every day. When obstacles arise, as they will, you must break through them because you know it’s the only option. Yes, there will be pain, there will be sweat, and there will be suffering. But where others fall and give up, you must choose to rise again and try again. Everyone makes a choice, one way or the other. Have you made yours?
5. Help others when you’re able. – Today will never come again. Be a blessing. Be a friend. Make a difference. Take time to care. Tell someone how special they are. Do something that encourages a smile and a brighter day. By doing so, you will not only help those around you, you will help yourself in your Epoch business too. Because when you seek to inspire happiness in all people, you will not only find it, you will become it. Read "The How of Happiness".
Monte Schumacher is a 30 year Direct Sales industry veteran. He leads one of the largest networks of independent sales reps in the world.